They have arrived and are here to stay; they are getting ready to put their house on the market, they are the FSBO Vampires. Following are five ideas to overcome their powers.
- Don’t let them Glamour You. Be careful, Vampire FSBOs are known for glamouring people and making them do things they wouldn’t do otherwise. So when a Vampire FSBO tries to talk you into believing they don’t need your help to get their house sold, don’t fall under their spell. As a professional Vampire FSBO slayer, you already know this is just folklore. It takes a lot of effort and money to sell a property.
- Don’t Fear Them. FSBO Vampires can’t exist in the light; they are creatures of the night. Show them how much work and effort is involved in selling real estate, it goes well beyond posting a “for sale” sign, and that is just the beginning. Realtor slayers don’t get paid to sell houses they get paid to insure the sale closes. So next time you encounter a Vampire FSBO bring them out to the light.
- Don’t Waste Your Weapons. By using all your weapons (garlic, silver, wood) at once, you will only weaken them but they will not die. The best way to slay a Vampire FSBO is by bringing one weapon at the time. Each time you visit them, bring one extra weapon (MLS, prequalification forms, marketing, etc) and soon you will turn them into a listing.
- Watch out for their Fangs. Vampire FSBO’s most powerful weapon are their fangs. They will use theme to attack you and ultimately get rid of you. So when they ask you to take the listing at a very low commission or very high price, protect yourself, don’t let them suck you dry.
- Don’t Become One of Them. Many times good agents join their ranks and put their own houses for sale as a FSBO. If they don’t have enough confidence in the power of being a Realtor slayer, how can they succeed in the business?
As a final note, I would like to ask you not to become a werewolf and try to overpower them; remember you are only strong during the full moon and if you try to overpower them you will lose the opportunity to list them.
Have a great Halloween.